Yesterday Ghostcrawler discussed class roles in WoW regarding classes that have multiple DPS specs. He discussed each different model in detail. It’s worth noting here that he didn’t say which was best, and he didn’t give any indication of the direction Blizzard will be taking in Mists. However, it’s still an interesting read.
Here are the roles he mentioned for DPS. These are his exact words put into a numbered list.
- Everyone is equal all the time
- Everyone has specialties and you match the spec to the situation
- You swap specs to gain specific utility
- There is just a best spec for PvP and PvE
- Don’t have multiple DPS roles
What should you take away from the whole discussion? This quote:
But Which is the Best Model?
Hell if I know!…