Hi everyone! I don’t usually talk about myself like this, but I guess that’s what this challenge is all about! My name is Mooglegem – my parents were planning to name me something normal like Theresa or Regina, but after my mom’s first drunken night on the town since my conception, it was decided – my name is Mooglegem.
I love dogs! Growing up in Silvermoon made me feel like I had to be a cat lover. Sure, they’re soft and cuddly… until you cuddle them too much and they start biting you and your eyes start swelling up and your skin gets red and bumpy. I might be the only Blood Elf who is allergic to cats. Anyway, I love dogs! They’re so friendly! I actually love all kinds of animals – the larger, the better. I considered studying to be an animal keeper, but my parents were repulsed by the idea of me smelling of animal musk and cleaning up poop. I excelled with the arcane arts, so I studied magery instead.
… and now you know all about me! Yay!
I noticed Arioch of clearcasting was taking part in a “20 Day WoW Blogging Challenge,” which seemed like it could be fun. Because I’m hardly even playing WoW right now, I thought it would be fun to try it. Who knows, maybe I’ll be able to talk Mooglegem into doing it as well!
- Day 01 – Introduce yourself [Devee] [gem]
- Day 02 – Why you decided to start a blog [Devee] [gem]
- Day 03 – Your first day playing WoW [Devee] [gem]
- Day 04 – Your best WoW memory [Devee]
- Day 05 – Favourite items in game
- Day 06 – Your workplace/desk photo and/or description
- Day 07 – The reason behind your blog’s name
- Day 08 – 10 things we don’t know about you
- Day 09 – Your first blog post
- Day 10 – Blog/Website favourites
- Day 11 – Bad habits and flaws
- Day 12 – A usual day in your life/online time
- Day 13 – People players/bloggers that you admire
- Day 14 – This upsets you
- Day 15 – Your desktop background on your computer and why you chose it
- Day 16 – Things you miss post Cataclysm
- Day 17 – Your favourite spot in game or outside it
- Day 18 – Your favourite outfit
- Day 19 – In your bags/bank
- Day 20 – If this was your last day playing WoW, what would you do?
via 20 Days of Challenging WoW Blogging « clearcasting.
Shall I start today then?
My name’s Peter, and I go by Devee in World of Warcraft. I started playing WoW on launch day but would play in bursts. I never reached a level cap until I hit 80 on my troll disc priest. Not only did I take breaks from the game, but I took my time when I played. I enjoyed exploring, reading all the text I could find, and getting to know the game world. Perhaps this is a leftover trait from playing table-top RPGs. I also had roughly 50,000 HKs by the time I hit 80! I started raiding with Carpe Flux Capacitor in 3.3, completing ICC 10N, ICC 25N, and some heroics. Mooglegem and I also somehow convinced the guild to take us to Ulduar and earn our drakes! I took a short break from CFC in T11 but came back at the end of T12 to swoop in and clear Firelands. We raided T12 for a while but stopped due to low interest (and raid finder). I love raiding, but it’s hard to devote the time. However, battlegrounds are always fun! (Also, I love healing!)
In real life I work for a technology company in a cubicle with a custom WoW figure in a protective, plastic case. I live in Southern California and graduated from UC Irvine.